2005-2009 MGW Mustang Shifter
The Best Short throw shifter you can get for your 2005-09. Mustang just got even better!
MGW's new design retains all of the amazing features and attributes that the original MGW is famous for, and the new design is lighter, easier to install, more effective in maintaining shifter/transmission alighment and even quieter than ever!
The MGW Shifter for the 2005-2009 Mustang is now in production and ready for sale to the public. In addition to possessing the same patented features of our earlier model Mustang Short Throw Shifters (adjustable handle and sound dampening center shaft design) this new shifter has a first ever feature for a Mustang Short Throw Shifter. A variable shift throw that the customer can fine tune to their personal preference. This shifter has a patent pending feature that actually allows the driver to adjust the throw from just a bit shorter than stock to almost 50 percent reduction in throw. Also, utilizing state of the art materials and design components this shifter has been engineered to offer both short throw and ease of shifting for all gears. No more hard pulling left to right to find reverse and fifth gear but still offers very beefy return springs for finding 3rd every time. Watch this dry run video to see how effortless and short the shifter is.
Some of the features that set the MGW Shifter apart from the pack are:
- Throw is adjustable between a range of about 15 percent shorter than stock to 50 percent.
- Shift knob can be adjusted both in height and rotational position to fit drivers' personal comfort settings.
- Shifter kit comes complete with sound and thermal deflection technology to maintain original OEM sound levels and even better heat insulation.
- Shifter has strong lateral spring load to eliminate the 3rd gear lockout issue with the remote shifter design of the S197 Mustang. Finally, you can powershift from 2nd to 3rd without hesitation.
- Shifter assembly is complete with no component pieces from original OEM shifter resused. * Makes our shifter a littler pricier than the competition but for good reason. Some of the key included components not found on most other aftermarket shifters include:
Shifter is available with your choice of shift knob shaft, one with the OEM 12 MM threads and one with 3/8-16 standard threads for most retro aftermarket plastic shift balls.
- Replacement transmission linkage bushings
- Stainless steel bushings on both sides of front support
- Lock washers included for all connecting brackets.
- No noisy polyurethane bushings in our shifter
- Shifter assembly is completely machined from aircraft grade aluminum and all billet components are hard coat anodized for a lifetime of service. All steel components are aircraft grade stainless steel.
- Shifter comes complete with video installation CD.
|How to choose the shift knob handle for your MGW shifter...|
|If you are planning to use your STOCK OEM shift knob whether it be the plastic and leather "thumb" shaped knob or the upgraded billet ball that comes in the BULLITT and GT premium Mustangs , then you will want to choose the FINE PITCH 12 MM x 1.25 thread handle option. Also, our MGW GRIPPER and COMPOSITE RACE knobs also have the correct fine pitch 12MM x 1.25 thread!!
If you are planning on purchasing one of our Classic RALLY or MGW logo shift balls you will want to order the COARSE PITCH 12MM x 1.75 threaded handle!!! These are only available with this thread. Also, if you have an older knob from a pre 2005 Mustang you can also use it with this handle as the 2004 and older Mustangs also had the COARSE PITCH 12 MM x 1.75 thread!!
- MGW 05-09
- 12.00 (in)
- 12.00 (in)
- 12.00 (in)